Friday, December 4, 2009

Why does WPA block google on my macbook pro?

I currently have a Netgear WPN824 RangeMax Version 1 wireless router. When I have the router set in either WPA or WPA2 I am able to get onto the Internet but cannot use any google services (Gmail, Reader, even search). When i Change it to WEP everything works, including Google. I would like to surf wirelessly on the more secure WPA but if I can't access google, then its not happening. The Macbook Pro is the latest Gen, fully patched and up to date, Default settings. I've tried it in Camino and Safari so I know it is not a browser problem. Any Ideas where the Problem is, Or even better how to fix it?



Why does WPA block google on my macbook pro?dream theater



Sounds as if your wireless router is doing more than changing WPA settings when you select WPA. I'd suggest you try another wireless router.



Why does WPA block google on my macbook pro?performing arts opera theater



WPA is not blocking the sites. WPA is a wireless authentication protocol. it has nothing to do with blocking. even tho the issue seems to be corrected when you go to WEP it is not WPA's fault

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin allergy