Friday, December 4, 2009

Pop up virus?

When I open my internet browser (always with explorer, sometimes with Rogers Yahoo) a pop-up says:" Critical system warning! Your system is probably infected with the latest version of Trojan.zlob-x.a full system optimization will greatly increase your computer's performance and prevent data loss. Click OK to download."



I have only clicked OK once, and my Norton Antivirus says:" blocked a Trojan virus and computer is now secure"



Then I do a full-system scan and it may find one small tracking cookie, which I then get rid of.



Does this mean my computer is infected with a Trojan? Or is the virus just trying to get into my computer through the pop-ups? How do I get rid of these pop-ups? They are so annoying! I have a very good anti-virus software, and I am pretty sure it would catch a Trojan if there was one hiding on my computer.



HELP! I know nothing about viruses!



Pop up virus?imax theatre



Try these antispywares



http://www.SecureMyWindows.com



http://www.superantispyware.com



Pop up virus?performing show opera theater



It is adware that is causing the popups in internet explorer. Do NOT click on the link to download their product, it is probably full of trojans and that's why Norton picked one up.



You will need antispyware scanners to get rid of the adware.



All of these are free and good:



SUPERAntiSpyware



A-Squared FREE



AVG Anti-Spyware



Ad-Aware 2007
Try http://www.stopannoyingpopup.com



Prevents from any unwanted popup ads immediately and automatically.



Block 100% unsolicited popups.



Run quietly in your system tray using very little resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin allergy