Thursday, December 10, 2009

Isn't Firefox a joke?

Lots of people compare this as a better option to IE, but they're wrong with their reasoning sometimes.



IE7 and Opera are way better than Firefox. Here's some of FF2's users reasons:



Firefox is much more secure - Wrong. ACTUALLY, IE7, Opera, and FF2 are all pretty secure. The only security for FF2 comes from having a low marketshare, and IE7 and Opera actually has built-in protection that works, without downloading.



FF is much more faster - Wrong. It's actually slower on many systems. It takes up system resources far more than IE7 and Opera, and the browser %26amp; pages take quite a bit longer to load up.



FF comes with less problems and bugs - Really? Then why do I see Y! users come up with FF problems? I thought it was so problem free? I guess it isn't.



FF is very extendable with many add-ons - so is IE7 and Opera. IE7 even has it's own add-on website: http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/catego...



So what do you FF guys have to say



Isn't Firefox a joke?playhouse



I agree with you.



I personally like IE7 and Firefox the best.



I've had problems with Firefox ever since I installed it. More so than IE or Opera.



I took the chance to redownload IE7 again, and you know what, it really is better now that I think about it. It works for me, like it did before, and there isn't a problem.



I just switched to Firefox because somebody told me to do it - Now I'm getting it off my computer.



Thanks for your assistance.



I suggest you also download IE7 Pro - it has extra feature not included in IE7, and bundles them along with it. AdBlocker, inline spell check, tab history, all that stuff.



It's free and nothing bad has happened to me with it : http://ie7pro.com/



Isn't Firefox a joke?plays opera theater



I think we say, "Please don't feed the trolls".
I read something almost exactly like this... about a year or so ago.



The main debate isn't against IE7 and FireFox... The main debate of which is better started when IE6 was still being used. So ALL of your little tidbits of information are meaningless.



Firefox is far superior to IE6, but IE7 actually stands a chance against Firefox.



If you were around when it came out, you'd understand :)



Toodles
I still use IE6 but I don't care for IE7 at all. The phishing filter slows it down considerably when browsing. Not to mention I don't like the new arrangement of the toolbar buttons.



I use Firefox on occasion. There's certain times when IE doesn't cut it on a website, doesn't allow me to see certain things, and when I switch to Firefox there's no problem at all.



It's all a matter of preference really. Yeah the biggest reason Firefox is "more secure" is because IE is a bigger target for hackers. I don't think you can truely argue that one's better than the other.
The reason (I believe) firefox is somewhat popular, is because it is open source, which all the geeks and hackers love. Plus, they like "sticking" it to Microsoft. I'm not saying FF is inferior, because I absolutely love the browser, but then again, I love the open source software.
As an IT consultant; I'll say that no system is perfect. But FF, Opera and Safari's bugs, while they exist tend to be of the less "OH MY GOD! IF YOU DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS, OUR COMPUTER WILL EXPLODE" variety. Or at least they get less press (perhaps due to market share, which is ~15% for FF) so they seem less massive.



Personally, I think they all suck- I use Safari 3. Its pop-up blocker hasn't missed one pop-up ad that IE, FF, and others have always (even with their venerable blocker activated). Safari loads the fastest according to an independent testing agency with loading HTML.



When it comes down to it; IE was going downhill once it tried to strange the market- and software like FF, Opera, Safari and others have come back to challenge, though they are not pre-installed on any PC. Its call capitalism, and its groovy.



I am all for more browsers taking chunks out of IE, so that people who make the websites will do it right and not cheaply/poorly the first time (save me alot of fixing!)
Security



What a joke. anything MICROSUX puts out aint worth a poop!!!



Just to answer one biggest up side of Firefox is browser based viruses and trojans are wrote via ActiveX controllers. Which Firefox does not use.



Add Ons



Add ons from MICROSUX are wrote and locked so IDIOTS cant screw up the coding. Firefox add ons I can edit to my needs.



Faster



how much crap you loading up in the tool bar? I use Firefox on all my machines and they kill IE. Again I am able to edit the browser settings and run it how I like.
When choosing a WB one must consider the content providers. All most all content providers support IE, many do not support FF. That in itself makes IE a better browser. All you FF advocate try watching Netflix online movies using FF!
I think you've already answered your own question. Not only did you waste five points by asking, you wasted your own time by typing out how you felt about it and then reporting back again and again to explain how you still didn't like it. Why does it even matter? Some people are going to love Firefox, and some are not. That's life. Big deal. Personally I enjoy Firefox. I don't have any specific reasons why, but I do happen to enjoy it. Internet explorer stops responding too often for me to work with, whereas Firefox does not.



But it still doesn't matter. You've got your own opinion about it already. You totally wasted a lot of time (just like I did).
You have never used Fx have you?



BTW it is Fx for Firefox not FF

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin allergy