Thursday, December 10, 2009

I installed java updates and now I cannot access any secured pages?

I was trying to access a page and it said that I needed to install Java on my browser. I went to sun.java.com and installed what it recommended for my browswer. Now, I cannot access ANY secured pages. I reset my internet settings to default to no avail. Now what?



I installed java updates and now I cannot access any secured pages?sheet music



The following instructions will work if you are using Windows XP.



- Go to Start-%26gt;Programs-%26gt;Accessories-%26gt;System Tools-%26gt;System Restore



- Select the option of restore my computer to another time.



- Select a date/time which was before you installed your Java updates



- Follow any other instructions.



- Your computer will reboot and your system should be at a point before the Java install and IE should work hopefully.



Please remember that this is advanced usage of Windows. Also if you have any files/data you created after the Java install, back them up before doing the system restore to a point in time before the Java install.



Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin allergy