Friday, December 4, 2009

How do you enable wireless internet on a PC laptop with Windows Vista as the operating system?

I have two laptops, one is able to get internet over my WPA2 secure wireless network; however, my Sony Vaio cannot sense any networks and it says the wireless network capability is turned off when I try to troubleshoot the connection issue (or lack thereof).



My problem doesn't concern my router because I know I am able to access the router via 192.168.1.1 and my wireless internet with my internet browser.



I know there is a On/Off WiFi toggle switch on the front of the laptop and oddly it's switched in the 'On' position, (I've made sure of this).



What could be preventing my laptop from sensing my home WiFi network? Please let me know how I would be able to turn on the wireless internet capability on my Windows Vista laptop. I know it works on my home network, it worked last week but suddenly quit after most likely being used by my little brother! Thank you :-)



-Mike



How do you enable wireless internet on a PC laptop with Windows Vista as the operating system?secure browser



Your laptop might be in a power-saving mode which turns off the wireless card. Or your card may just be turned off in a software sense - look for wireless icons in the system tray (bottom right corner of screen) and right click them. look for 'On' options. Also go to control panel %26gt; network and sharing center and click manage network connections. Make sure the wireless connection is enabled. Failing that, check device manager - press WINDOWS KEY and PAUSE/BREAK then click 'advanced system settings' then click hardware %26gt; device manager and check the properties of the wireless card. Some of these should give you answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin allergy