Friday, December 4, 2009

Setting up router for wireless?

My uncle gave me a D-link router (think its 664+ or similar). I have connected it and can use the internet through it on my laptop. my friend also uses hers. however i know its not secure and want to set up a password for the wireless connection. the manual says to type 192.168.0.1 into the browser. it doesnt work so i went to the site and tried everything it suggested. when i type that into my laptop it goes straight to the set up for a password etc. however my main desktop doesnt. i need the router/modem to be connected to the desktop obviously so can use the laptop anywhere in the house. does anybody have any other suggestions to get into the router setup to put in a password? i dont want my computer being hacked in to!! but no other ip address works that has been suggested to me.



thanks



Setting up router for wireless?opera singer



if router has 192.168.0.1 it means you have 192.168.0.x IP too, in network settings u find out default gateway... then u put in internet explorer that IP and should work....



Setting up router for wireless?amc theater opera theater



if you go to start and click run type in command then ok that will open your command prompt there type in ipconfig /all,that will give you all of your ip addresses look for your default gateway and you will see the ip for your router



good luck and i hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin allergy