Friday, December 4, 2009

Re-installing Windows XP Part III?

Hello yet again. (I'm sure you're sick of me by now, lol!) I have made two previous questions (which you may remember) about re-installation of Windows XP.



I swear this is my last question! I just have a question about the "after process."



1.) I was told that as soon as I went online with my XP SP1a installation that I would be infected by some "Blaster" virus. I read that this can be eliminated if I enable the Windows Firewall before connecting?



I have to install my Verizon DSL software and it will connect multiple times before I even get a chance to use a browser and download ZoneAlarm or any other security programs.



I will immediately go to Windows Update and install SP2 as soon as I get online. But will I be secure enough until then?



Thanks! And I promise I won't bother Answers for at least a week :p



Re-installing Windows XP Part III?oper



first of all its a worm . i am pretty sure its blaster worm.



Temporary fix for the worm.



when ever you get the pop up about RPC shutdown or crap follow these steps- DISCONNECT YOUR MODEM



1. press windows key / go to START



2. Click RUN



3. type "cmd" to enter command prompt



4. type this " shutdown.exe -a"



5. this temporarily closes the RPC(remote Procedure Call).



6. if u want to shutdown your computer again go to command prompt by typing cmd and type "shutdown.exe -f"



7. go online by reconnecting your modem and go to micrsoft.com to search for a patch for the worm then download and install the patch.



Yippeeeeeeeeee now your computer is fine!!



Re-installing Windows XP Part III?hollywood theater opera theaterthanks very helpful (sorry didn't get around to re-checking this topic) Report It


You can go get your zonealarm, or whatever firewall you want, put it on a disc, or flash drive.... install it that way before you connect this computer.
youll be fine until u download it

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin allergy