Thursday, December 10, 2009

How do I avoid getting the security warning when redirecting to a non-SSL address in ASP?

I have an issue with my login page, which is on SSL.



After I've validated the user login and password I redirect them to my normal domain (http) but I get the SSL alert that you are redirected to a non-secure page.



This doesn't happen on every computer so I guess it鈥檚 a browser security setting but I can鈥檛 ask a user to lower their security settings, really.



Does anybody know how I can avoid the user getting that message?



I know it鈥檚 possible because Google or MSN Hotmail, for example, do that.



How do I avoid getting the security warning when redirecting to a non-SSL address in ASP?events



Why do you want them to go to a non-SSL page. I don't see the point personally.



In the systems I used to use - we would FORCE the user to SSL and each page wouldn't accept non-SSL traffic. Makes people feel safer about what they are doing.



Nige



How do I avoid getting the security warning when redirecting to a non-SSL address in ASP?home theatre opera theater



Google and MSN don't do it.



When redirecting from SSL to non-SSL for the first time the user is asked whether they want to display these messages in the future, if they check the box, then it will display every time, otherwise not. The default option is not to display them in the future.



The setting in Internet Explorer is in Tools %26gt; Internet Options %26gt; Advanced %26gt; Security and in Firefox it is in Tools %26gt; Options %26gt; Security %26gt; Warning Messages %26gt; Settings

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin allergy